Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 12 minutes
Servings - 12 -15 sandwich cookies
For the Cookies:
● 240g smooth peanut butter
● 100g maple syrup
● 100ml non dairy milk of choice
● 180g oat flour
● 2 tbsp milled flaxseed
● Generous pinch of salt
For the Filling:
● 60g smooth peanut butter or nut butter of choice
● 45ml maple syrup
● 25g raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
● 3 tbsp Edible Health Collagen, Bovine Collagen
● 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter, melted
● 30ml hot water
1. Preheat your oven to 160C (320F).
2. Mix together peanut butter or nut butter of choice through to non dairy milk in a jug.
3. Add flour, flax and salt to a large bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry in the large bowl and mix well to form a soft, but not sticky dough.
5. Roll dough out between two large pieces of parchment paper. You can do this in two batches as it’s quite a lot of dough.
6. Use a small cutter, shape of choice to cut 24 - 30 pieces!
7. Re roll the dough to make use of any odds and ends.
8. Place pieces on a baking paper lined tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully flip. Return to the oven to cook for 5 more minutes.
9. Allow to cool fully on the tray.
10. Whisk together ganache ingredients and spread about 1 - 2 tsp of the mixture onto half of the cookies. Sandwich them with the remaining bare cookies.
11. Store in a seal tight container for up to five days. Ganache will firm up a little in the fridge so that the cookies hold together with ease.