We’re huge fans of gut health recipes because we know that so much of our health starts there, in the glamourous gut!
So when our foodie friend Peachy Palate developed this green smoothie gut health recipe, we knew we’d stumbled upon the best gut health probiotic drink recipe we could imagine!
What’s in this uber tasty gut health smoothie that makes so great for our insides?
- Edible Health Digestive Enzyme Collagen - to support a balanced gut microbiome
- Natural, non-favoured dairy or non-dairy yoghurt - a fermented delight full of probiotic cultures
- Pineapple - contains the natural protein digestive enzyme bromelain and is full of fibre and water
- Coconut milk - hydrating electrolytes and healthy fats
- Spinach - encourages healthy gut bacteria and contains folate and vitamins C, K and A
- Bananas - a source of fructooligosaccharides, which serve as a prebiotic and essentially act as food for probiotics
No wonder we think this green smoothie is the ultimate great-tasting, gut-healing probiotic drink recipe out there!
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Servings - 1-2
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp Edible Health Collagen Digestive Enzyme Collagen Powder
- 60 - 100g of non-flavoured natural yoghurt or non-dairy yoghurt (such as Coyo)
- 1 frozen banana (frozen in chunks or slices)
- ½ cup of frozen pineapple chunks
- 80-120ml of coconut milk (from a carton, not the canned kind)
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Mix together the almond butter with collagen in a small bowl.
- Add collagen mix, frozen banana chunks or slices, pineapple, coconut milk, spinach and lime juice to a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve. And, voila! Your great-tasting, gorgeously good for the gut, probiotic drink!