Oh, Peachy Palate, stop! Just when we thought we'd come up with all the possible Christmas collagen treats, you come up with this and wow us all. Collagen Peppermint Rough Bars. Because, surely, that bit of peppermint is effectively a digestive after all this feasting, right...?! Who cares - it's Christmas and we'll overboard on chocolate if we want to!
Preparation Time - 30 minutes
Servings - 10 - 12
Collagen Peppermint Rough Bar Ingredients
- 120g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 60g coconut butter*, melted
- 80g cashew butter, light roast or raw is preferable
- 80ml maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Edible Health Collagen Bovine or Marine Collage
- 1 tsp peppermint extract or 2 drops good quality peppermint oil
- 150g dark chocolate roughly chopped
Collagen Peppermint Rough Bar Cooking Directions
- Add coconut to a large bowl.
- Add the coconut butter, cashew butter, maple syrup and peppermint extract to a jug and whisk to combine. Whisk in the collagen powder.
- Add the paste to the coconut and mix well to combine. Place into a large loaf tin or square tin, depending on how thick you want your bars. Allow to set in the fridge for an hour or place into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the using 30 second increments.
- Slice the coconut block into bars or chunks.
- One at a time coat in the melted chocolate and place them onto a baking paper lined tray to set.
- Store bars in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to one month.
*You can use coconut oil, you will just need to freeze the filling for a little longer before coating the bars in chocolate. I wouldn’t recommend just chilling the filling in the fridge if you use coconut oil before the dunking process!
Looking for more Peachy Palate collagen recipes? Find just a sample here:
- Mocha Collagen Overnight Oats
- Homemade Nut Butter with Collagen
- Beef & Bean Collagen Burgers
- Roast Tomato and Carrot Soup with Collagen
- Mushroom Quinoa and Collagen Risotto
- Raspberry Lemon Collagen Cheesecake Squares
- Double Choc Collagen Mousse
- Pumpkin Pie with Collagen