Can't go on holiday this Winter? No problems, bring the holiday to you - in the form of Pineapple and Coconut Collagen Baked Oats! With one bite of these delectable goodies, our foody friend Peachy Palate has us figuratively swinging underneath a coconut tree. Farewell, SADS, hello winter zingy happiness!
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Servings - 6 hunky squares!
- 200g oats
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 400ml milk of choice
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp Edible Health Collagen Digestive Enzyme Collagen
- 1 cup of diced fresh pineapple + 6 small slices for topping
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together the oats, coconut, flax, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the mashed banana, maple syrup and milk and set to one side for about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the collagen and coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Add the collagen mixture to the oats and then fold in the pineapple.
- Place into an oven safe dish and bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes. Allow to cool fully in the fridge overnight before slicing into squares. Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to four days.