Spinach Collagen Crepes Recipe
The ease at which you can incorporate collagen into recipes never ceases to amaze me.
These collagen crepes loaded with spinach are a delicious alternative to the sweet variety this pancake Tuesday! Easy to make, can be prepped in advance, and they most definitely pack a satisfying punch.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Servings - 2 (8 small crepes)
For the Crepes
- 125g plain flour
- 250ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 70g spinach
- 26g (2 servings) Edible Health Collage Bovine Collagen*
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 punnet for plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Greek yogurt or plain yogurt of choice
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- Fresh basil and black pepper to serve
- Preheat your oven to 140C (280F). Slice tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt. Place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Blend together all pancake batter ingredients until smooth in a jug using a hand blender, or by placing all ingredients into a blender. Set to one side for 10 minutes to settle and thicken.
- Heat a crepe pan over a low to medium heat.
- Grease your pan with spray oil or butter. Cook about 3 tbsp of batter per crepe. Once the edges start to lift they are ready to flip.
- Cook for just 30 seconds to a minute more on the other side.
- Crepes can be kept warm in a warm oven, reheated in the microwave, or served cold.
- Assemble crepes as you please. Top with yogurt, roast tomatoes, basil pesto, a little fresh basil and black pepper!
*Edible Health Marine Collagen will also work perfectly well here