Preparation Time - 30 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Servings - 16
For the Base
- 100g oats
- 120g ground almonds/almond flour
- 30g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 60g coconut oil (for DF) or butter, melted
- 60ml maple syrup
For the Filling
- 200g cashews, soaked*
- 120g coconut cream, from the top of a can of full fat coconut milk**
- 100ml maple syrup
- 80ml lemon juice
- 2 - 4 tbsp Edible Health Collagen, Bovine or Marine Collagen
- 120g coconut oil, melted OR 4 tsp agar agar FLAKES
- 125ml water if using agar agar
For the Topping
- 4 tbsp Edible Health Collagen Raspberry Citrus Anti Aging Collagen
- 60ml maple syrup or honey
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch + 3 tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Line an 8 inch square tin with baking paper; I do use a loose bottom one which makes removing the finished bars easier.
- Blend oats to a flour consistency. Mix together all base ingredients. Place into your prepared tin and spread evenly using your finger tips.
- Prick all over the base with a fork and then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Now make the raspberry topping by placing the raspberries in a pot over a medium heat. Mash the berries as they thaw.
- Whisk together the collagen and maple syrup until smooth in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup collagen mix to the pot, and leave to bubble for a few minutes.
- Mix together starch and water. Add it to the berries, mix well, stir continuously, and cook for a further 4 - 5 minutes. Set to one side to cool.
- Blend together the cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon juice, collagen and coconut oil if using.
- If you’re using the agar, blend together the cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, collagen and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add the water to a pot over a high heat, sprinkle over the agar flakes, whisk and allow to dissolve as the water boils. Once full dissolved and boiling, add to the blended cashew mixture. NOT if you have used the coconut oil.
- Blend and quickly pour over the cooled base; you have to be a little more speedy with the agar as it sets pretty quickly.
- Place the tin into the fridge until this layer is pretty firm to the touch. Pour and spread over the raspberry topping and return to the fridge for at least three hours or overnight before slicing.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to four days or freeze for up to one month in portions.
*Soak for at least four hours or overnight, drained and rinse well
**Chill overnight if can is in a warm environment in order to separate out the water