One of our favourite foody friends, Peachy Palate, regales us yet again with a winning collagen powder recipe. This time it's these sensational No Bake Granola Bites.
We're always on the look-out for a protein granola recipe that we can enjoy after a work-out, or to pack into a rucksack when out and about in the great outdoors. These peanut butter and honey granola bites are deliciously decadent and will power up your energy levels. Enjoy!
Preparation Time - 15 minutes + Setting Time
Servings - 20 bites
- 120g smooth peanut butter or tahini or almond butter
- 80g coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp (30g) cacao butter, melted (optional for a firmer bite)
- 80ml honey, brown rice syrup or chicory root syrup
- 4 tbsp (approx. 26g) Edible Health Collagen Bovine or Marine Collagen
- 250g oats (jumbo or porridge or a mixture)
- 40g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g goji berries
- 150g dark chocolate roughly chopped for dunking
- Mix together peanut butter, coconut oil, cacao butter if using and syrup sweetener of choice in a large bowl.
- Whisk in collagen.
- Add oats, coconut, pumpkin seeds and goji berries and mix well to combine.
- Place into a silicone bar mould or into an 8 - 9 inch square tine line with baking paper.
- Place into the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Get slicing if you made them in a tin, and then place them back into the freezer or fridge while you melt the chocolate; on a baking paper lined tray.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave using 30 second increments.
- Dunk one side of each of the bites in the chocolate. Return to the fridge to firm up. Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Check out some of Peachy's other tasty recipes:
- Turmeric Hummus with Almond Collagen Crackers
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- Mango Passionfruit Banana Smoothie Bowl