Pumpkin Doughnuts with Maple Collagen Frosting Recipe
Hi! My name is Natalie Myskow. Thank you for checking out my recipe! I have a serious love for all things food (some might say obsession) and a real passion for baking, cooking and creating healthy-ish recipes! You can find more of my Edible Health collagen dishes of deliciousness below:
I hope you enjoy this one, as well.
Hello Autumn! Who else is totally in love with this super snuggly season? Filled with spice and all things nice…just like these doughnuts! Feeling ALL the Fall vibes with these perfect pumpkin treats. This recipe is so easy! In no time you will be getting cosy with your favourite candle whilst devouring these autumnal delights. The maple collagen frosting is particularly drool-worthy…don’t worry, there will be leftovers for extra dunking!
For the Doughnuts… (makes 12)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup almond milk (any milk is fine)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (can use essence)
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1-1 1/2tsp pumpkin spice
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the Maple Collagen Frosting…
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup golden icing sugar
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 2tbsp Edible Health Bovine Collagen
- 1tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup crushed pecans
- Pre-heat oven at 175°c (fan).
- In a bowl add the pumpkin, milk, butter, vanilla and sugar and whisk until combined.
- In the same bowl; sieve in the flour, spices, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and whisk until combined. It should be a thick consistency.
- Grease a doughnut tray/silicone moulds and spoon in the mixture evenly.
- Bake in the Oven for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting; Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl, add the maple syrup, cream cheese, bovine collagen and cinnamon. Lightly whisk until combined and leave in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once baked let doughnuts cool for a few minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack. Once completely cooled, dip each doughnut face down into the frosting and sprinkle with crushed pecans.
For more of Natalie's delicious recipes, click here to check out her Insta page!