Collagen Greek Yoghurt Oat Pancakes Recipe
Just when we thought Peachy Palate had outdone herself in creating the most sublime collagen recipes, she pulls this out of the pantry...!
My go to pancake recipe for every day of the week. Wholesome protein rich pancakes made with oats ground to flour, greek yoghurt and collagen, for a balanced stack that has a beautiful taste, texture and actually satisfies my mighty morning appetite!
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Servings - 2 (approx. 8 - 10 pancakes)
Ingredients● 100g oats ground to a fine flour consistency
● 2 tbsp Edible Health Bovine Collagen
● 2 tsp baking powder
● 120g plain Greek yoghurt
● 2 large eggs
● 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
● 2 - 3 tbsp milk of choice
● Greek yoghurt, honey or maple syrup, berries or fruit of choice to serve
- Whisk together all ingredients from the oat flour through to maple syrup or honey if using. I prefer to add honey or maple syrup on top of my pancakes and love the flavour of the pancakes without any syrup or honey added.
- Add 2 - 3 tbsp of milk to the batter. It should be thick but not so thick that it won’t spread a little in the pan.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat. Grease with spray oil and cook 2 - 3 tbsp of batter per pancake. Allow to cook for 2 -3 minutes before flipping and cooking for 2- 3 more.
- Pancakes reheat well in the microwave and can be enjoyed cold.
- Stack, top, sweeten with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey to desired taste!