Mixed Seed Loaf Collagen Recipe
Recipe from Keto Kitchen by Monya
“Don’t be intimidated by the ingredients in this recipe. They are all easily available online or at most health food stores, and you can find a carton of egg whites in the dairy section of most supermarkets. (Alternatively, you can simply weigh out actual egg whites, but then you may need to find some inventive way of using all of those yolks! (I tested this, it takes about 12-13 egg whites and is not worth the effort in my opinion.) This bread freezes well – slice it first, then freeze the wrapped slices.” - Monya
We have some amazing collagen based recipes on our blog, designed by some of the most exciting foodie bloggers you will find. Discover & devour!
For the Dry Mix
- 415 grams almond flour
- 25 grams ground chia seeds
- 25 grams ground flaxseed
- 30 grams sesame seed
- 2 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons Edible Health Collagen
For the Wet Mix
- 495 ml egg whites
- 75 grams unflavoured coconut oil, melted
- 60 mls double cream
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp poppy seeds
How might collagen help your skin? Find out on our blog.
- Preheat the oven to 230c/210c fan/450f/gas mark 8.
- Grease and line a medium (900g/2lb) loaf tin with parchment paper, ensuring there is some overlap at the sides of the tin. You can also find liners made exactly for this tin size – use whichever is more convenient for you.
- Have two large bowls ready. In one, add all of the dry ingredients and use a clean, dry whisk to combine well. In the second bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (being sure that the melted coconut oil isn’t too hot, as this may cook parts of the eggs).
- Tip the wet mix into the dry mix and use a wooden spoon to combine. Pour the thick mixture into the prepared loaf tin and gently smooth over. Scatter over the sunflower, sesame and poppy seeds and very gently press them into the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180c/160c fan/350f/gas mark 4 (without opening the oven door) and continue to bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and pace on a cooking rack for several minutes before lifting the bread from the tin and peeling away the parchment. Allow to cool completely before slicing.