The Easter Bunny (aka Peachy Palate) became hopping excited when we asked her to whip up a sweet treat for the season. She certainly doesn't disappoint!
At last - we can all indulge in some Easter Eggs knowing these are no mere mortal eggs, they're coconut and collagen Easter Eggs! Is it here we say we can now have our cake and eat it, too...?!
Thanks, Peachy, for this collagen delight!
Preparation Time - 30 minutes
Servings - 12-13
- 180g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 25g (4 tbsp) Edible Health Collagen, Bovine Collagen
- 60g cashew butter*
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- 60ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g dark chocolate of choice, finely chopped for coating
- Rose Petals, Toasted Coconut Flakes for decorating
- Mix together coconut and collagen in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut and collagen to the wet ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Press mixture into a silicone egg mould, packing the mixture down tightly.
- Place into the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe jug or bowl using 30 second increments to prevent the chocolate burning or cooking.
- One at a time, place a coconut egg into the chocolate, spoon chocolate over the top, life up with a spoon, transfer to a fork, tap off excess chocolate, and place onto a baking paper lined tray.
- Sprinkle with rose petals or coconut flakes if desired.
- Store coated eggs in the fridge for up to two weeks. Best removed from the fridge 10 minutes before serving for the most delicious soft, slightly chewy, coconutty texture!
*I used a lightly roasted cashew butter that was light in colour. A darker colour cashew butter will take away from the white colour of the coconut filling, but they will still be delicious. Alternatively you could use hulled tahini.
Why not try some other Peachy Palate collagen treats?
- No Bake Collagen Granola Bites
- Raspberry Collagen Milkshake
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Almond Fudgey Collagen Brownies
- Mango, Passionfruit, Banana & Collagen Smoothie Bowl
- Pumpkin Pie with Collagen
- Raspberry, Lemon Collagen Cheesecake Squares
- Mushroom Quinoa & Collagen Risotto
- Yellow Split Pea & Collagen Curry
- Beef & Bean Collagen Burger
- Bibimbap Bowl with Kimchi Collagen Dressing
- Peas Mac & Cheese with Collagen