Mushroom Quinoa and Collagen Risotto Recipe
The days are short, the nights are long and cold. It's a new year and a new chance to dice things up and do something a little different for dinner. Our favourite foody, Peachy Palate, has designed this mushroom quinoa risotto recipe with a nod to healthy living. This is the perfect dish to help get us back on track after seasonal celebrations!
Preparation Time -
Cooking Time -
Servings - 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small leek sliced and rinsed well
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 200g mushrooms of choice, sliced
- 120g quinoa, uncooked
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp Edible Health Bovine Collagen or Marine Collagen
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- Parmesan to serve, optional
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Add the oil to the pan and fry the leek for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove about half of the vegetables and put them on a plate to one side.
- Add the quinoa to the pot.
- Whisk together collagen and stock. Add to the quinoa, bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the creme fraiche, lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat reserved vegetables in a pan.
- Serve risotto with reserved vegetables, parmesan and parsley if desired.
Check out some of Peachy's other tasty recipes:
- Homemade Nut Butter with Collagen Recipe
- Beef and Kidney Bean Burger Recipe
- Healthy Banana Breakfast Cookies with Collagen Recipe
- Mocha Overnight Oats
- Raspberry Collagen Milkshake
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- No Bake Collagen Protein Granola Bites
- Turmeric Hummus with Almond Collagen Crackers
- Mango Passionfruit Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Raspberry Lemon Collagen Cheesecake Squares
- Bibimbap Bowl Kimchi Collagen Dressing
- Cashew Caramel Millionaire Shortbread
- Chocolate Filled Sandwich Cookies
- Spinach Collagen Crepes
- Vanilla Baked Doughnuts with Raspberry Lemon Collagen Glaze
- Pumpkin Pie with Collagen
- Butternut Squash and Blackbean Tacos
- Collagen Greek Yoghurt Oat Pancakes
- Stone Fruit Goat's Cheese Salad with Collagen and Mint Dressing