Peas Mac and Cheese With Collagen
If we say, "Comfort Food", what comes to mind? Surely somewhere pretty high up on the list has to be Mac 'n Cheese, right? Well, our foody friend, the talented Peachy Palate, has taken one of the ultimate comfort foods and given it a healthy twist, thanks to the addition of yummy, mushy peas and, of course, collagen. Who cares about the rain, hail and wind? Whip this up, get it into the oven, onto a plate and straight into your belly. Heaven.
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Servings - 4
Peas Mac and Cheese With Collagen Ingredients
- 350g macaroni pasta, dry weight
- 200g frozen peas, thawed + 100g for mixing in
- 4 tbsp Edible Health Collagen Bovine or Marine Collagen
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 50g fresh basil
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts or cashews
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80g mascarpone or cream cheese of choice
- 60g soft goats cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 80g grated mozzarella cheese
Peas Mac and Cheese With Collagen Cooking Directions
- Put pasta on to cook according to packet instructions.
- Blend together 200g of the thawed peas with the garlic, basil, nuts, olive oil, mascarpone and goats cheese in a food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the flour and butter to a pot. Whisk to combine and heat through. Gradually add the stock to form a smooth sauce. Stir in the pea pesto.
- Once combined, drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir in the remaining peas. Heat through for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Preheat your grill while you heat the pasta and peas.
- Add to an oven safe dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top. Place under the preheated grill for 6 - 10 minutes; until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve up immediately.