Coconut Collagen Easter Eggs Recipe
Preparation Time - 30 minutes
Servings - 12-13
- 180g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 25g (4 tbsp) Edible Health Collagen, Bovine Collagen
- 60g cashew butter*
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- 60ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g dark chocolate of choice, finely chopped for coating
- Rose Petals, Toasted Coconut Flakes for decorating
- Mix together coconut and collagen in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut and collagen to the wet ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Press mixture into a silicone egg mould, packing the mixture down tightly.
- Place into the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe jug or bowl using 30 second increments to prevent the chocolate burning or cooking.
- One at a time, place a coconut egg into the chocolate, spoon chocolate over the top, life up with a spoon, transfer to a fork, tap off excess chocolate, and place onto a baking paper lined tray.
- Sprinkle with rose petals or coconut flakes if desired.
- Store coated eggs in the fridge for up to two weeks. Best removed from the fridge 10 minutes before serving for the most delicious soft, slightly chewy, coconutty texture!
*I used a lightly roasted cashew butter that was light in colour. A darker colour cashew butter will take away from the white colour of the coconut filling, but they will still be delicious. Alternatively you could use hulled tahini.