Savoury Buckwheat And Collagen Muffins
If you’re looking for the easiest-peasiest way to create a healthy, wholesome snack that tastes ah-mazing, these Savoury Buckwheat and Collagen Muffins are the answer. Ten minutes followed by some cooking time is all you need. Seriously - it takes longer to go to the shops for something ready-made (and we bet it wouldn’t be this nutritious). Peachy Palate has whipped up this wonder and although she’s used Edible Health Marine Collagen, you could swap that out with Bovine Collagen and not know the difference. We’re pretty partial to making a batch of these and then in the days to come, toasting them with some melted cheese or a slathering of fresh ricotta. So. Good.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Servings - 8 - 9
- 3 tbsp Edible Health Marine Collagen
- 3 large eggs
- 60ml olive oil
- 60ml unsweetened oat milk
- 120g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried herbs (I used dill)
- 200g finely grated zucchini/courgette
- 100g finely grated carrot
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds for topping (I used pumpkin and sesame)
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Whisk together the eggs, olive oil, oat milk and collagen in a large bowl.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and dried herbs. Whisk to combine.
- Squeeze excess moisture from grated zucchini and carrot before folding them into the muffin batter.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 8 - 9 muffin cases in a muffin tray; fill the case about ¾ of the way full to allow them to rise.
- Sprinkle seeds over the muffins.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes. Allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
- Store muffins in a sealed container in the fridge for up to four days or freeze for up to one month.
Check out some of Peachy's other tasty recipes:
- Mushroom Quinoa Risotto Recipe
- Homemade Nut Butter with Collagen Recipe
- Beef and Kidney Bean Burger Recipe
- Healthy Banana Breakfast Cookies with Collagen Recipe
- Mocha Overnight Oats
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee Recipe
- No Bake Collagen Protein Granola Bites
- Turmeric Hummus with Almond Collagen Crackers
- Mango Passionfruit Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Raspberry Lemon Collagen Cheesecake Squares
- Bibimbap Bowl Kimchi Collagen Dressing
- Cashew Caramel Millionaire Shortbread
- Chocolate Filled Sandwich Cookies
- Spinach Collagen Crepes
- Vanilla Baked Doughnuts with Raspberry Lemon Collagen Glaze
- Pumpkin Pie with Collagen
- Butternut Squash and Blackbean Tacos
- Collagen Greek Yoghurt Oat Pancakes
- Stone Fruit Goat's Cheese Salad with Collagen and Mint Dressing
The information we have provided herewith, and all linked materials are not intended nor should they be construed as medical advice. Moreover, the information herewith should not be used as a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions and consult your General Practitioner for advice specific for you.