Eton and intelligence go hand-in-hand, don’t they? We certainly think whoever created this classic dish was a genius. However, our foodie friend might just give their epicurean IQ a run for its money with her contemporary twist on the classic. Once again, she has made a daily serve of collagen a thing of tasty anticipation. Whip up this Eton Mess With Raspberry Collagen Sauce, take it to your next barbeque and be elevated straight to the crowning top of the Dinner Party Hall of Fame. No posh pulled pork burger or dainty scallop skewer will be able to compete. You’re welcome.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Servings - 3 - 4
For the Raspberry “Sauce”
- 400g fresh raspberries
- 2 heaped tbsp of Edible Health Bovine Collagen
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rose water - optional
- 1 -2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey to taste
- 400ml double cream, lightly whipped
- 2 cups of crushed meringues, the best quality you can find!
- 2 heaped tbsp of roughly chopped roast pistachios
- 2 tbsp of pomegranate arils
- Rose petals and fresh raspberries to serve
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a pot over a low heat. Bring to a simmer and mash lightly with a fork. Add in the collage, vanilla, rose water and maple syrup. Give everything a mix and then leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Set to one side to cool. Can be made a couple of days in advance and stored in the fridge.
- When your sauce is cool, assemble your eton mess!
- Layer sauce, pomegranate, pistachios, fresh raspberries, meringue and then cream in individual serving glasses. Repeat once more and top with some fresh raspberries and rose petals. Serve within the hour. Store in the fridge if not serving immediately.
The information we have provided herewith, and all linked materials are not intended nor should they be construed as medical advice. Moreover, the information herewith should not be used as a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions and consult your General Practitioner for advice specific for you