Nuts and butter. They've got to be two of the most winning culinary combinations out there, right? This incredible homemade nut butter with collagen is no exception. Our fantastic foodie friend, Peachy Palate, has whipped up this pot of luscious perfection. Add it to toast, spread a dollop into your granola or cereal, or be really decadent and layer it onto some biscuits. Be still, my beating heart...!
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Servings - 1 large jar
- 120g almonds
- 120g skinless hazelnuts
- 120g peanuts, skin on or off
- 1 tbsp olive oil or rapeseed oil, optional*
- 2 - 3 tsp espresso powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Edible Health Bovine Collagen or Marine Collagen
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Place all three nuts onto a baking tray and dry roast for 15 minutes tossing halfway through.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a food processor. Blend for about 15 minutes, times will vary depending on the power of your food processor. Scrape down the sides whenever necessary and resume blending until the nut butter is smooth and drippy. You can add a tbsp of oil to get the nut butter to a smoother place once the nuts have broken down and have started releasing their own oils.
- Add espresso powder, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and collagen to the food processor.
- Blend for another few minutes.
- Transfer to a clean glass jar or container with a seal tight lid. Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight or in the fridge for up to one month.
Check out some of Peachy's other tasty recipes:
- Mushroom Quinoa Risotto Recipe
- Beef and Kidney Bean Burger Recipe
- Healthy Banana Breakfast Cookies with Collagen Recipe
- Mocha Overnight Oats
- Raspberry Collagen Milkshake
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- No Bake Collagen Protein Granola Bites
- Turmeric Hummus with Almond Collagen Crackers
- Mango Passionfruit Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Raspberry Lemon Collagen Cheesecake Squares
- Bibimbap Bowl Kimchi Collagen Dressing
- Cashew Caramel Millionaire Shortbread
- Chocolate Filled Sandwich Cookies
- Spinach Collagen Crepes
- Vanilla Baked Doughnuts with Raspberry Lemon Collagen Glaze
- Pumpkin Pie with Collagen
- Butternut Squash and Blackbean Tacos
- Collagen Greek Yoghurt Oat Pancakes
- Stone Fruit Goat's Cheese Salad with Collagen and Mint Dressing