Makes 4 servings
- 1 kilo boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 large white potatoes, chopped
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil*
- 1/2 cup full fat, canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 large medjool dates*
- 2 servings Edible Health Collagen of choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 350f or 175c.
- In a blender or a food processor, combine the coconut milk, dijon and wholegrain mustard, dates, collagen peptides, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the coconut oil. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and sear in the pan for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken + set aside. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté until tender – roughly 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped potatoes + mustard sauce to the hot pan. Stir until everything is coated.
- Nestle the chicken thighs back into the pan, tossing in the sauce at the bottom of the pan.
- Place the entire saucepan into the oven for roughly 30-40 minutes, until your potatoes are crispy on the outside + tender on the inside.