With a double hit of both vitamins A and C from tomatoes and carrots, it's no wonder Peachy Palate has come up with this super nutritious recipe. As the days get shorter and colder and head colds loom, why not turn to this contemporary comfort food and give your immune system the support it needs. Roasted tomato and carrot soup with collagen, couch, blanket, Netflix... It's the perfect way to see through Winter!
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 40 minutes
Servings - 4
- 4 large tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 large carrots sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 250ml milk of choice, dairy free if necessary
- 500ml of vegetable broth
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 4 tbsp Edible Health Collagen Marine Collagen
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Place tomatoes, carrots, onion and garlic on a roasting tray. Drizzle and toss with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the veggies from the oven. Peel the garlic cloves and add all the veggies, garlic, milk of choice, and vegetable broth to a large pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for about five minutes. Add the collagen and blend everything together until smooth using a blender or hand blender (transferring the collagen to a large bowl or jug).
- Return to the pot to heat through just for a few minutes more and season to taste with salt.
- Serve with roast tomatoes, some pea shoots or herbs and a drizzle of yogurt or cream if desired