Turmeric Hummus with Almond Collagen Crackers Recipe
One of our favourite foodies, Peachy Palate, returns with this homemade hummus recipe that is positively perfect to take to your next BBQ, or even enjoy for a nutritious and easy lunch.
Hummus and crackers are such a great go-to recipe, but Peachy elevates things with these amazing almond flour crackers. You definitely won't find these on every supermarket shelf! The turmeric hummus recipe hits all the right notes with its balance of citrus, garlic and tahini. As with all her collagen infused foods, Peachy adds either marine or bovine collagen so it disappears and works its molecular magic without a trace!
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Servings - 4 - 6
For the Hummus
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 - 3 tbsp Edible Health Collagen Marine or Bovine Collagen
- 50g tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 45 - 60ml of water
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ salt
For the Crackers
- 150g almond flour
- 2 tbsp Edible Health Collagen Marine or Bovine Collagen
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together all cracker ingredients in a large bowl. Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper so it’s about ⅛ of an inch thick. Cut out as many crackers as you can get using a small round or square cutter. Reroll the dough and repeat until none remains. Place on a baking paper lined tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 minutes more. Allow to cool on the tray and then store in a seal tight container for 4 - 5 days.
- Blend together all ingredients for the hummus using a hand blender, blender or food processor. Add as much water as you like to reach your desired consistency. I like my hummus nice smooth, but still pretty thick.
- Store hummus in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Check out some of Peachy's other tasty recipes:
- No Bake Collagen Protein Granola Bites
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- Mango Passionfruit Banana Smoothie Bowl