Here at Edible Health, we believe that the answer is a resounding yes; collagen is good for you.
We are very confident of this, partly because we receive the positive feedback and reviews every day from our customers, and also because we see it in the health and well-being of our own team, family members and friends!
However, we appreciate that anecdotal evidence alone isn’t enough.
That’s why we work with the world’s leading collagen manufacturer and are guided by the randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studies they undertake. Moreover, we refer to studies and trials around the world that continue to examine collagen and its potential positive impact on myriad health concerns and ailments. We share some of these below in the hope they will provide objective reading material for your consideration as to whether collagen is good for you.
Collagen and skin
Positive effects of a collagen nutritional supplement on skin wrinkle depth
Ingested collagen’s impact on skin’s hydration levels, elasticity, dermal density and appearance
Oral supplementation of collagen peptides - positive impact on skin physiology
- Bioactive collagen peptides minimising appearance of cellulite
Collagen and atherosclerosis
- Collagen tripeptides have contributed to the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis in healthy humans
Collagen and muscles
- Resistance training and collagen peptide supplementation in combination with resistance training improves body composition and increases muscle strength in elderly sarcopenic men
- Collagen peptides have moderate benefits for the recovery of countermovement jumps and muscle soreness
Collagen and cognitive function
- In relation to Alzheimer’s disease - collagen VI is an important component of the neuronal injury response and demonstrates neuroprotective potential
Collagen and joints
We hope this goes a long way in demonstrating why we believe that collagen is good for you. If you would like to find out more, there is a wealth of information on our blog as well as very detailed answers to frequently asked questions that we receive. You can find our full range of collagen products for sale directly on our site as well. Finally, we’re always delighted to hear from you with any questions or requests, so don’t hesitate to contact us!